Tuesday, June 23, 2015

No fail choices for Sehri

No fail choices for Sehri


No fail choices for Sehri

Posted: 22 Jun 2015 11:36 PM PDT

I am not a morning person so my choices for Sehri need to be quick to prepare and easy to eat. My stomach cannot handle spicy and heavily flavoured dishes early in the morning, even when I'm not fasting so during Ramadaan I have a few favourites which always work very well for me.

Almond's and Banana's, they are a wonder of nature. High in potassium and low in salt, bananas are officially recognized as being able to lower blood pressure and protect against heart attack and stroke. They help to stabilize blood sugar keeping you full for longer, making them the perfect food for Ramadaan. They are easy to prepare and easy to eat, which makes them awesome for breakfast in my books. 

One of the ways I incorporate it into my Sehri meal is by spreading a slice of wholewheat toast liberally with peanut butter, and topping it with a few slices of banana. It usually takes only half a banana so make sure you eat the rest to tide you over through the day. Sprinkle a bit of cinnamon and a little drizzle of honey if you like, although for me the banana has enough sweetness. A slice of this and a big mug of tea usually is enough for me for the whole day but a second slice will help you finish that banana.
Read more »

1 comment:

  1. That definitely possibly an amazing organize i always in truth definitely relished checking out. It's not necessarily specifically frequent i always add some choice to identify a selected matter. Online Mutton

    ReplyDelete