Friday, October 23, 2015

smitten kitchen | twinkie bundt

your email update from smittenkitchen.com

Here is the latest update from smittenkitchen.com:



smitten kitchen | twinkie bundt

twinkie bundt

As one does, I first spied a Twinkie Bundt on Pinterest a few weeks ago and immediately became consumed with making my own primarily because it’s spectacularly fun to say, and also call someone, maybe or maybe not as a compliment. [As you can infer, we really like to flex our maturity at the Smitten Kitchen.] The recipe turned out to hail from the talented food blogger and cookbook author Shauna Sever‘s book, Pure Vanilla, but as I am stubborn, I wanted to go in my own direction with it as I have a buttermilk bundt I’m rather fond of and a simple marshmallow frosting that we could use instead of the jarred marshmallow filling suggested.

what you'll need
very yellow cake

If only things were this simple! My first step was to find a Twinkie, yes, the snack cake with a reputation for having an indefinite shelf life and I’ve decided that economists need to start something of a Twinkie Index, which measures how fancy your neighborhood has gotten and how hopeless your chances are of ever buying real estate by the presence or absence of this one-time snack aisle staple. I couldn’t find a one, i.e. we are doomed. I went to four bodegas, two drugstores (because in America you buy your candy at pharmacies!) and two grocery stores and found nada. I had to have one ported in from a different part of the city and did you know they contain beef tallow? I digress, I promise this isn’t going to be one of those sanctimonious rants about how gross packaged food is; this isn’t that kind of website and if eating a Twinkie once a decade makes you happy, so be it. This was more of a reminder that some labels are better not read.

thick batter

... Read the rest of twinkie bundt on smittenkitchen.com


© smitten kitchen 2006-2012. | permalink to twinkie bundt | 40 comments to date | see more: Cake, Celebration Cakes, Photo

     
 



Sponsor message
powered byad choices

More Recent Articles


 

Sponsor message
powered byad choices


Email subscriptions powered by FeedBlitz, LLC, 365 Boston Post Rd, Suite 123, Sudbury, MA 01776, USA.

1 comment:

  1. Pond have got onto your website although implementing observe simply simply some bit submits. Soothing strategy for forseeable future, I will be bookmarking currently obtain types perform will come apart. online Grocery Store

    ReplyDelete