Thursday, October 8, 2015

smitten kitchen | cannoli pound cake

your email update from smittenkitchen.com

Here is the latest update from smittenkitchen.com:



smitten kitchen | cannoli pound cake

cannoli pound cake

Why did I make this cake? Was it a birthday, a dinner party, or a pot-luck brunch? Was I testing recipes for a new cookbook or auditioning one that I fell for at a bookstore? Did I see this recipe online and found it irresistible? Was it a Friday treat to relieve the pressure of a long week? For someone who might never run out of “excuses” to make cake in this lifetime, you’d think I’d come up with something more exciting than the truth, which is that I could only find a big tub of ricotta at the store when I made ziti last time, and forced myself to find a clever way to use it up. Alas, I rather enjoy a challenge and so it’s cake o’clock again; rejoice!

what you'll need
lots of zest

But, if I’m being honest, I really wanted a cannoli, I mean, the good kind, the kind that’s in a hand-formed shell that’s been deep-fried to a crackly crisp and is filled only once you order it so the outer crunch remains intact. A proper cannoli, with orange and lemon peel and a whiff of Marsala, chopped pistachios and always, always, always with the miniature chocolate chips.

whisked by hand, so simple

... Read the rest of cannoli pound cake on smittenkitchen.com


© smitten kitchen 2006-2012. | permalink to cannoli pound cake | 7 comments to date | see more: Chocolate, Everyday Cakes, Fall, Photo

     
 



Sponsor message
powered byad choices

More Recent Articles


 

Sponsor message
powered byad choices
You Might Like


Email subscriptions powered by FeedBlitz, LLC, 365 Boston Post Rd, Suite 123, Sudbury, MA 01776, USA.

1 comment:

  1. That appears to be clearly amazing. Most teeny specifics are using great deal of reputation encounter. So i am attached to the idea a good deal. Grocery Online

    ReplyDelete