Thursday, May 7, 2015

smitten kitchen | liège waffles

your email update from smittenkitchen.com

Here is the latest update from smittenkitchen.com:



smitten kitchen | liège waffles

liège waffles

Psst. I know what everyone is really hoping you’ll cook this weekend, and I’m sorry, it is not that kale salad. Okay, maybe not if these people are gluten-free, or opposed to butter, burnt sugar and stretchy yeasted breakfast treats. You probably shouldn’t make this for anyone on a juice cleanse or auditioning a paleo lifestyle. And now that I’ve ruled most of the people on this earth out, maybe I should stop talking about “everyone” when what I really mean is me.

foamed yeast knead in butterknead in butter add the pearl sugar

dough, divided

I have never been to Belgium, but the further I get along in this whole incubation process, the more I predictably long for the kinds of trips that will seem impossible to pull off for some time. I’d like to have an ale, probably two, in some ancient cobblestoned courtyard, eating pommes frites (RIP, sigh) from paper cones and then stumble around Bruges, gazing at canals and medieval architecture, eating my way through one stand after another until only the first paragraph’s kale salad will save me.

a ball of dough

... Read the rest of liège waffles on smittenkitchen.com


© smitten kitchen 2006-2012. | permalink to liège waffles | one comment to date | see more: Breakfast, Photo, Waffles

     

 



Sponsor message
powered byad choices

More Recent Articles



Sponsor message
powered byad choices


Email subscriptions powered by FeedBlitz, LLC, 365 Boston Post Rd, Suite 123, Sudbury, MA 01776, USA.

1 comment:

  1. This really even a very good put up that i in fact really enjoyed perusing. It is not necessarily regular that i include the option to ascertain a specific thing. Fateh Fresh

    ReplyDelete